30 November 2011

On Jon and Other Matters


Info on me that you may not already know, in 200 words or less:

  • I was raised in a small town in the middle of nowhere, USA
  • My parents are farmers

  • I studied German Language & Literature in university (aber Ich hab' fast alles vergessen!)

  • I came to Korea after graduating because the Japanese continually refer to Korea as the land of 'beef and garlic' (my interest was piqued!)

  • I'm a big foodie, with a weakness for beef

  • I'm also a huge beer snob

And that's a wrap, I think!

6 comments:

  1. I've heard of wine snobs but a beer snob is a new one for me although in the UK we have beer buffs who belong to CAMRA, the Campaign for Real Ale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm well aware of CAMRA. While I can appreciate the spirit of what they're trying to accomplish, I do think they can be a bit overzealous at times, to the point of attacking real icons of the British brewing culture scene.

    More on what I mean here:

    http://beervana.blogspot.com/2011/11/greene-king.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. A nice-looking blog, Jon. But what can that possibly be on the plate next to the baked potato? It makes a vegetarian tremble.

    ReplyDelete
  4. But the baked potato should make you rejoice--it was delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the portion sizes!
    Great photos + I like the layout and colors of your blog.I think I should be more adventurous in my choices

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've actually been to the Greene King brewery with a mixed group of home and Dutch students who were on an exchange. Long time ago ca 1982. The most embarassing event was that one of the girls didn't like bubbles and so a patient Greene King employee stirred the champagne they were offering us until it was as flat as a pancake! Fortunately it was one of the Dutch party and not my group, so honour a little bit intact!

    ReplyDelete