30 November 2011

La Familia de Aichele


All told, there are four people in my family. Mom, Dad, my older brother Jeff, and yours truly. Here's a little bit about each of them:



Dad

This is my father. As I mentioned in the last post, he's a farmer. Although he's spent most of his life in our small town, deep down his a traveler and a very curious person. He watches the History and Discovery channels continuously when he's not working much in the winter. When he came to visit me in Korea a few years ago he fit right in with the swing of things, even though he'd never been outside the US before.

He's where I get my passion for travel, definitely.








Mom



This is my mom. She's worked with my father on our farm for most of her life, in addition to


raising my brother and I, obviously. From her I get my socialization skills--she can talk to anyone--as well as, I think, my curiosity for language learning.





Brother

This is my older brother Jeff, and I, in Thailand after an off-road motorcycle trip we took. He currently works at a chemical munitions disposal plant (!!), but he's transitioning to work more with my parents on the farm. He's married and got two sons; some of you may remember the picture of Cooper, which I posted earlier.






No comments:

Post a Comment